Rules and Terms
1. All non-English language films must be subtitled in English.
2. English films with English subtitles are encouraged.
3. We also accept submissions that have premiered elsewhere.
4. Multiple entries are allowed, however a separate entry must be submitted for each.
5. Entry fees are non-refundable.
6. We will not be liable for any costs claimed as a result of a change in scheduling.
7. No film may be withdrawn from the festival program after its selection.
8. . If chosen as an official selection, The Mumbai World Cinema Festival is granted the permission to exhibit the film at the Mumbai World Cinema Festival and all associated screenings.
9. Location and timing of any screenings of the film shall be the sole decision of the organizers of the Mumbai World Cinema Festival.
10. Filmmakers will be solely responsible for all costs resulting from the submission of the film to the Festival.
11. Although every precaution will be taken to prevent loss or damage to materials while in the possession of the festival, Mumbai World Cinema Festival is not responsible should any materials be damaged while in transit to or from, or while in the possession of the festival.
12. The filmmaker holds Mumbai World Cinema Festival, its management, juries, subsidiaries, partners, agents, sponsors, affiliates, and etc. harmless from any and all claims of liability resulting from entry.
13. The filmmaker certifies to have full rights and permissions. The filmmaker will indemnify the organizers of the Mumbai World Cinema Festival against all claims, demands, costs, damages, expenses (including legal fees), proceedings and losses resulting from the screening of the film at the Festival or from claims by any third parties.
14. The filmmaker certifies that the music used especially in the music videos is an original score.
15. The filmmakers availing student discount for submission will need to provide us with valid student ID or some other evidence in case their film is selected for live screening or for some award. Their selection or award will be cancelled if fail to produce any evidence.